An efficient standard of care is critical in pediatric care because, more than in any other patient group, the speed of intervention and the efficacy of treatment make the difference between life and death. However, the reality shows us that pediatric care is an under-developed medical field as it represents an unattractive economical market.
Hence, the objectives of the foundation where defined as such:
- Promote pediatric research, particularly in intensive care
- Improve specific pediatric know-how
- Improve the quality of the standard of care, guidelines, diagnostics and treatments
- Improve the patient safety of medical treatments
- Raise and enhance awareness about the vulnerability of the pediatrics population and promote changes in the health care system to improve pediatric care.